RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Sunday 10 February 2008

Apologies.....

......to one and all for the lack of updates, I've simply had nothing of any note to write about!!

Tuesday saw the bankroll take a huge hit when I ignored all the pre-written rules, instead decicing that I would play 30 DYMs, no matter what. It started well, but I then started to play very badly indeed, making poor judgements left, right and centre. I don't know exactly buy ins I dropped, but suffice to say it was a LOT. Final straw was DYM number 27, when the post below happened (the 106,106/1 mayhem). I turned it off after that, and it stayed off, right up until today. I've been running pretty cold for months now, with any luck Tuesday evening was the turning point (it can't really get any worse than 100k/1 lol!!), and that it's now out of the Poker Gods' system once and for all. Ooh look, is that a pig flying past my window??.....

On a non-poker related note, I managed to get through to the last 16 of the singles knockout in my pool league on Wednesday night (our team of 7 has 5 players in the last 16, ship it to the Berkeley!!) and also found out that we'd leapfrogged ourselves into 2nd place (by just 1 point) in the league with just 2 games remaining. 1st are currently just about uncatchable, but 2nd would be a fantastic result, fingers crossed that we can stay ahead!!

Played 10 DYMs today, cashed 7, a good start to rebuilding the battered bankroll once again, let's hope it continues. I even sucked out on the bubble in one, AT vs AK all in pre, flop brought two beautiful 10s. Mustn't grumble!!

Off out to play a £25 ($50) live freezeout tonight so must keep this one short as I have to be there in 10 minutes, usually a good crowd down there so looking forward to it.

Best of luck at the tables,
SG

No comments: