RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Wednesday 20 February 2008

So much for playing less......

Decided on a few games of poker at 9pm, and 4 hours 34 minutes, half a bottle of whisky and 21 William Hill Double Your Money STTs later, I'm done. Phew!! Started awfully, having another one of those 'one of them nights' that we all get, where everything you do goes wrong, moves get called, big hands get rivered time after time, you know what I mean, cashed in just two of the opening 8 DYMs. Here we go again I thought, ready to turn it off. Struggled through, and dare I say played very solidly indeed (along with a stroke of luck here and there) to cash in 11 of the next 13 for a total profit of around $29 on the night. Nothing astronomical, but better than a kick in the nethers!! Of course, add to that the $7 rakeback I'll be receiving for the session, and we're edging ever closer to the $200 mark (which incidentally, I expected to hit in mid January. Oh how difficult is doing a challenge when you write a blog about it?). Got to 4 showdowns with JJ, won one, lost three, got to two showdowns against JJ, lost them both (set each time). I HATE JJ!! Even folded it UTG on the bubble of one of the DYMs, I hate it that much lol!!

In other news, I have received contact from a mysterious financial backer, known only as 'Baron Von Megacock'. This is the man responsible for originally lending me the cash to buy my banana car when I saw it up for sale 12 months ago, for which I paid him back with profits from poker last year. He has expressed an interest in the challenge (not least because I owe him $600 for something entirely different) and has agreed that not only will he join me in Vegas for a jolly up when the challenge is complete (he doesn't play poker, however he does drink heavily so jumped at the chance of doing so in Vegas), he has agreed to be my topless back massager for the duration of the time that I'm still surviving in the WSOP. Not quite in the same league as the scantily clad beauties that the pro's pay for, but beggars can't be choosers. Rumours that he has agreed to doing it completely starkers if I reach the Final Table are as yet unconfirmed, but I'm working on it......

Right, time to sleep off the over-indulgence. Good luck all!!

No comments: