RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Sunday 3 February 2008

Betfair Eyes Wide Shut Mayhem.....

Got my rakeback for January (only played on Betfair for about a week in Jan so was a piffling $11.40) on Friday. Wildcat kindly pointed out a thread on the footy forum that highlighted an odds compilation error for one of the Blue Square Conference South games, and to cut a long story short I had a quick look at the form of both sides and thought 'what the hell, it's only $11'. Lo and behold, the final scoreline was 1-5 in 'our' favour, SHIP IT!! That gave me enough dollars in the Betfair account for 3 bites at the Eyes Wide Shut cherry, and the chance to turn $10 into $2500 in less than 4 hours......

BF do two turbo (1500 starting chips, 5 minute blinds) satellites per evening, the first a 9 bucker and the 2nd a 7 bucker. For some reason I've always fared better in the $7 satellite, even though there are less seats per entrant. How does that work then? Anyway, I'd decided to play both satellites and save $8 for another day. The first went particularly well, when 20 minutes in an 'advanced' resteal with 97 on a Q64 flop is no match for KK, and no matter how hard it tried the BF software could only muster up half of my runner runner straight. It's all rigged, I tell thee. Resteal indeed. I read good!! Whoops!!

The 2nd satellite started with a bang, to say the least!! Very first hand is below, and I must admit that when I jammed on the flop I was certain I was behind and just wanted an excuse to walk down to the kebab shop!!

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 308693742 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $7 Buy-in + $0.70 Entry Fee, Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante)) - Saturday, February 02, 22:20:07 GMT 2008
Turbo Sat to Eyes Wide Shut #124250
Table 2 9-max (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of active players : 9
Seat 1: Jenpusa ( 1,500 )
Seat 2: EURO 8876 ( 1,500 )
Seat 3: barleyotto ( 1,500 )
Seat 4: baw99 ( 1,500 )
Seat 5: themainman ( 1,500 )
Seat 6: boysvnh ( 1,500 )
Seat 7: von and ( 1,500 )
Seat 8: JJLehto ( 1,500 )
Seat 9: SG3KSG ( 1,500 )
Tourney Level:1 Blinds(10/20-(no ante))
boysvnh posts small blind [10]
von and posts big blind [20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SG3KSG [ Ah, Kd ]
JJLehto folds
SG3KSG raises to [50]
Jenpusa folds
EURO 8876 folds
barleyotto folds
baw99 calls [50]
themainman folds
boysvnh calls [40]
von and calls [30]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Kh, Jc, Tc ]
boysvnh checks
von and bets [200]
SG3KSG goes all-in
SG3KSG raises to [1,450]
baw99 folds
boysvnh folds
von and calls [1,250]
von and goes all-in
** Showdown **
von and shows [ Kc, Jd ]
SG3KSG shows [ Ah, Kd ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qs ]
** Hand Conclusion **
SG3KSG wins 3,100 from main pot with a straight, Ace to Ten
************ Game 308693742 ends ************


SG in suckout shocker!! Nice to be on the right side of it!! I continued to run very nicely for the remainder of the satellite, this hand in particular helping to see me through....

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 308706965 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $7 Buy-in + $0.70 Entry Fee, Level:6 Blinds(100/200-(no ante)) - Saturday, February 02, 22:48:22 GMT 2008
Turbo Sat to Eyes Wide Shut #124250
Table 2 9-max (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of active players : 6
Seat 1: pasax ( 3,435 )
Seat 2: EthanJohn ( 4,035 )
Seat 3: DIMEFI ( 0 )
Seat 4: merly ( 6,495 )
Seat 5: themainman ( 950 )
Seat 6: boysvnh ( 8,620 )
Seat 7: cushty ( 2,090 )
Seat 8: treborkid ( 0 )
Seat 9: SG3KSG ( 4,450 )
Tourney Level:6 Blinds(100/200-(no ante))
EthanJohn posts small blind [100]
merly posts big blind [200]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SG3KSG [ Kh, Qs ]
themainman folds
boysvnh folds
cushty folds
SG3KSG raises to [700]
EthanJohn calls [600]
merly calls [500]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, Qd, Kd ]
EthanJohn checks
merly checks
SG3KSG goes all-in
SG3KSG bets [3,750]
EthanJohn calls [3,335]
EthanJohn goes all-in
merly folds
Returning uncalled bet [415] to SG3KSG
** Showdown **
EthanJohn shows [ Ah, Ad ]
SG3KSG shows [ Kh, Qs ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Ts ]
** Hand Conclusion **
SG3KSG wins 8,770 from main pot with two pair, Kings and Queens
************ Game 308706965 ends ************

What, no 4th Diamond? Shocking!! In all fairness, EthanJohn has played this hand very well in my opinion, and got unlucky that I hit the flop so hard. I managed to use the big stack to my advantage and bully and steal my way to a seat in the $55 buy in, $7000gtd Eyes Wide Shut 'proper'.....

14 minutes in, Proviman came online and wished be 'Good Luck' on MSN. I've played 1 hand (AQ in 3rd, 3 bet pre, 1 caller from SB, I bet 2/3 pot on A high flop and took the pot), and find myself with AKo in the big blind with the blinds to rise to 50/100 the very next hand. There is a limp from early, and SB has raised to 300 (blinds are currently 25/50). I see that as quite a big raise, one that doesn't really want a call, so imagine SB to be on a medium pair or A10/AJ/AQ. To smooth call and miss the flop here would cost me 1/5 of my stack, I'm confident of being ahead or at least 45/55, I might even have SB dominated. The big raise doesn't really want a call, it's fairly early on in a $55 tourney, I fancy him to fold, and don't really like the idea of leaving myself 13bbs in a turbo tourney should I miss the flop, so in they go. SB thinks for a bit and calls, and has AQo. YEE HAA!!!

***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 308748133 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee, Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) - Sunday, February 03, 00:14:26 GMT 2008
Eyes Wide Shut $7000 GTD #124251
Table 14 9-max (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of active players : 9
Seat 1: RAMVAS ( 885 )
Seat 2: il tedesco ( 1,785 )
Seat 3: tracey_uk ( 1,210 )
Seat 4: The Sham ( 1,890 )
Seat 5: SG3KSG ( 1,670 )
Seat 6: Oli b uk ( 1,945 )
Seat 7: Gatso ( 1,435 )
Seat 8: piatellas ( 1,730 )
Seat 9: zynth ( 950 )
Tourney Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante))
The Sham posts small blind [25]
SG3KSG posts big blind [50]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SG3KSG [ Ks, Ad ]
Oli b uk folds
Gatso folds
piatellas calls [50]
zynth folds
RAMVAS folds
il tedesco folds
tracey_uk folds
The Sham raises to [300]
SG3KSG goes all-in
SG3KSG raises to [1,670]
piatellas folds
The Sham calls [1,370]
** Showdown **
The Sham shows [ Ah, Qc ]
SG3KSG shows [ Ks, Ad ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, As, 7c ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
** Hand Conclusion **
The Sham wins 3,390 from main pot with a Flush
************ Game 308748133 ends ************


Gotta love that. Pfft!! I think I used up all my luck on the satellite, like I say I ran very nicely indeed (come to think of it, I don't think I lost a hand that went to showdown, will have to run through the HH in a mo) and was due a bit of a nasty one. Regardless of how I played that pre, the chips were all going in from both sides on that flop, it was just my turn to lose that one. I think I'd have rather the SB had hit the Queen though.....
**Edit 12.15 - During the satellite, I was involved in 10 showdowns, won 8, split 2. Wow. I ran (and dare I say played?) goooood for that hour :D


On the upside, I forgot to mention the small matter of hitting Quads for the first time in ages and getting paid off in a DYM on Hills the other day (Thursday or Friday?). Kerching!! I in fact played 10 DYMs and cashed in 8 of them, bringing my Sharkscope graph back up to an acceptable level after dropping $70 like it was candy towards the back end January, after the 'played 3, won 3' session. Not a massive amount, but nearly half of the challenge bankroll so was a bit scary at the time!!










As ever, good luck to all, and thanks for putting up with the drivel!!

1 comment:

Wildcat said...

"Drivel"?

Don't you mean "Interesting, informative,thought provoking discussion on a wide range of poker and non poker situations"?

That sounds better ;)