RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Sunday 20 January 2008

Back on track

^^ As above ^^

I've refrained from posting until now just in case it was 'Beginner's Luck', but after now playing 30 of them I am pleased to report that I have a nice feel for the Double Your Money STTs on Crypto, and I'm even more pleased to report a healthy profit, woo hoo!! Even better still (touch wood, pleeeeease don't curse yourself), I appear to have been running 'normally' as opposed to super cold over the last few days. TFFT!! 21/30 for a 70% in the money figure, ROI is 30.8%. Still early days yet though, I expect that figure to drop a little over the next few weeks.

I started with a few on Thursday afternoon, played a fair bit yesterday and a few today, deciding that playing 4 tables is no problem thanks to Crypto's 'Pro' view. The target is to win 3 of the 4 in each session, high expectations but something I think is achievable. Roll on the day I win all four, I'll be over the moon!! I realise that 30 STTs is by no means a fair case study, but from early observations, the game is very much beatable. At least 2 of the 9 losses have been to rivered 3 outers (taken so much better now that the whole world doesn't seem to be against me lol), and at least 4 have been down to marginal situations in which my brain has been screaming fold but my mouse finger has got a little itchy!! I'll out these down to experience, and use it to my advantage in the future. I feel that the way I play cash coupled with the way I play the latter stages of tournaments is very much suited to the DYM strategy, fingers crossed, I hope to keep up the 70% strike rate.

Many thanks once again to Chalfontfan and Haribo who finally got me, kicking and screaming, on to the DYMs. Why didn't I do it weeks ago? Heaven only knows...

I have 2 MTTs to play tomorrow night, and must admit I'm really looking forward to it. I have the monthly RakeTheRake $5000 freeroll and Annette_15's $1000GTD (see 'Value added tourney alert' post), both on Betfair. $6000 in prize pools for the princely sum of $1.10, can't be bad!! Having gone so deep in Hilly's Home Game on Paradise during the week, spirits are high for tomorrow's offerings. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck to all, especially Dests who seems to be having the same sort of start to 2008 that I was suffering up until midweek, albeit on a far larger scale. You're too good Mrs D, hope it turns round for you soon. When it does, heaven help your opponents!!

*Edit Sunday, 8.15pm. SG3KSG is officially dead and buried, in a permanent state of deep freeze. Can AJ beat T8 on a JT2 flop 1hr 15 mins into the $5k RTR freeroll? Of course not. Gone in 57th of 150ish, and didn't even make the 1st break in Annette's. So much for being in high spirits!! Oh well, at least it gives me an opportunity to watch the genius that is Mark Selby in the Snooker Masters Final and drink a few beers. Lovely Jubbly!!

No comments: