RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Wednesday 9 January 2008

Not a great start......

Not how I wanted to kick off proceedings, but hey ho, there we go. I played 6 STT's tonight, 2 x 5ths, 2 x bubbles, a 3rd and a 2nd, for a loss of $21, which is close to 1/3rd of my starting bankroll, not good at all. I didn't realise just how tough it would be with only 7 buy ins, I think I should've maybe thought about that part a little bit more before starting the blog on a whim at 2am!! I got runner runnered twice, to add to the two runner runners I suffered in 4 STT's on 4th Jan, I'm playing well but not getting breaks at crucial times at the moment, just going to have to grind it out and ride through the tough times (it's been 3 months now though, pleeeeeease can someone switch the lever back to golden?). I also entered a 524 runner freeroll to a weekly final for a $100k gtd seat worth $550, top 9 go through, I ran c/o KJ headlong into bb's KK on a KJ* flop with about 20 left for half my stack and finally went out in 12th when my short stacked J4 button steal was called by sb's A2o (nh, wp, sigh...) for about half his stack. I flopped the 4, but alas the turn 5 gifts sb the straight. I feel I played very well up until that point so will take a few positives from it, however I'm a bit gutted at the moment, tonight could have been so much better. Never mind, back to the tables tomorrow for some more fun and frolics. I'm going to try to keep my posts to about 1 a week now, but if anything major happens, I'll get it up on here. Good luck at the tables, until the next time......

1 comment:

The 80th Minute said...

Hey SG,

Thx for linking me up. I returned the favour.
Good luck with your challenge. The rules you have written done and very straight forward and right on. I hope you can stick with it.

Cheers,
Dremeber