RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Thursday 17 January 2008

Bye bye Betfair......

..... Hello Cryptologic!! (for now)

Lobbed the £20 that was left from the Betfair account into my, as yet unused, William Hill account today to have a butcher's hook at the Double Your Money STTs. For anyone unfamiliar with the concept, basically top 3 on a six seater and top 5 on a ten seater get exactly that, double their money back (minus the dreaded rake, of course). Chalfontfan (Call of the Wildcat) has been on at me for a few weeks to give them a bash, and this coupled with Anon's (I think I know who Anon is ;) ) comment spurred me on to see what all the fuss was about.

Having played 5, I'm fairly confident that they are the way forward to try to build my battered bankroll up to an acceptable level (aiming for $300) to start on the Betfair standard STTs again. It also seems that the SG3KSG account on Betfair is cursed so upon my return, I shall be going back to using the account that did the damage last year. Welcome back, SilurisG!! This was the hand that absolutely nailed the lid on SG3KSG's coffin earlier on today.....

Seat 1: kenn2603 ( 1,110 )
Seat 2: japi2005 ( 950 )
Seat 3: ODI ( 876 )
Seat 4: james112233 ( 914 )
Seat 5: niktsip1 ( 1,150 )
Seat 6: SG3KSG ( 1,000 )
Tourney Level:2 Blinds(15/30-(no ante))
james112233 posts small blind [15]
niktsip1 posts big blind [30]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SG3KSG [ Ac, Ah ]
SG3KSG raises to [105]
kenn2603 calls [105]
japi2005 folds
ODI folds
james112233 folds
niktsip1 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3h, 2h, 7h ]
SG3KSG bets [255]
kenn2603 calls [255]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
SG3KSG goes all-in
SG3KSG bets [640]
kenn2603 calls [640]
** Showdown **
kenn2603 shows [ 7s, 5s ]
SG3KSG shows [ Ac, Ah ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
SG3KSG writes "NICE HAND WELL PLAYED"
kenn2603 writes "ty"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Now I'm not saying that it's all rigged like some sort of muppet, far from it in fact, however the SilurisG account ran soooooooo much better than the new one, it's untrue. Since changing accounts in November, it's been massively hard work just staying in the black, I know we all run bad from time to time but nearly three months is pushing it a bit if you ask me!! I'm hoping the account change will be the start of a whole new love affair with the game that I'm starting to dislike more and more every day.

I've also figured out that the YPC (see post below) bonus of $50 after earning 1000 FTP's with the original free $50 starting bankroll is equivalent to around 32% rakeback when done with STT's, so along with the DYM's I shall also be trying to spin up the $50 in Full Tilt, up until the 1000 point threshold is achieved so I can withdraw the lot. As a result, the Full Tilt dosh will become part of the challenge bankroll when it hits my account. That'll be a welcome bonus!!

Off out to pool tonight, I imagine a few DYM's will see my attention when I return.
Best of luck to all, and many thanks once again to WildCat and Anon for pointing me in what will hopefully be the right direction.
Don't let the buggers grind you down!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to spoil it SG but the identity of anon is.... drum roll .........................
no-one you've ever heard of. I have the occaisional BF forum post as Haribo - I read some of your posts on Dibbles STT thread and thought i'd stick my oar in here when i saw you doing this.

I personaly find the 10 seater DYM's easier as the blinds increase being per orbit, i tend to find theres a bit more time to get a bit of a stack, then use it. Or maybe I just suck at 6 handed.

I'm sure these will get your roll up to a point you can play 'proper' STTs again - good luck.

SG - King of the forum ban said...

Wow, wasn't expecting that! I thought it might have been Dibble, trying to stay a bit coy ;).
Thanks Haribo (I do recognise you), from what I saw today I think the 10 seaters are far eaiser for my style of play, like you say it gives you more time to build and use a stack (and I most definitely DO suck 6 handed lol).

Many thanks for your input (and taking the time to read the drivel I post on an almost daily basis!), it has been much appreciated. Consider yourself officially in the 75% bracket should I ever get to Vegas :-)