RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Monday 14 January 2008

I'm not sure that it's possible...

... to be any more frustrated than I am right now. £25 live freezeout tonight, 5000 starting chips, 20 minute levels starting at 25/50, a fair bit of play but it has a somewhat turbo feel to it so stretching every edge is paramount. 2 hours into it I'm gone, having taken 6 pots, none of which came to a showdown (at least 2 I was definitely ahead on, 2 were marginal and 2 were stone colds when it became apparent nobody else had anything). I showed down 2 hands, and got 1 and 2 outered respectively. First was A4 vs AJ at 100/200, AJ limped from mid and I was on the BB. Flop AQ4 rainbow, bingo. I check, oppo bets 400, I flat call. Turn 4, get in there you beauty!! I lead for 725, oppo pushes for 3700 more, I think I beat him into the pot. River is the only Ace left in the deck for a split instead of a tasty double up to put me in a decent position for the rest of the tournament. I continued to hover around starting stack until 200/400 when I've got 5500 and find KK in the BB, excellent news. Reasonably tight button (one of my pool team as it goes, fairly new to poker, doesn't understand the power of position or blind steals and very rarely plays anything but his cards so I give him credit for a reasonable hand) raises to 1000, ooh do I like those onions. I put on my best 'your not having my BB without a fight' act and make it 2200 to go, obviously not wanting to overbet as I fancy a call here. Flop is 3 nice low cards, no straight, no flush, the only real problem I could have is a set. I check to make it look like I was just defending my BB and have now given up on the idea, oppo eyes up my 3300 stack and swiftly chucks the corresponding amount over the line. No brainer, in they go, I'm up against 1010. Turn Ten, thank you, goodnight.

What can you do?

Apologies for posting the above bad beat drivel ^^^^^, I just needed to get it off my chest. It's got nothing to do with the challenge, it shouldn't be there, I will reprimand myself fully in the morning. Time to polish off a nice healthy sausage, egg, bacon and cheese sarnie, leathered with mayonnaise and tomato ketchup. If that doesn't cheer me up, nothing will!!

Keep it tight people, very best of luck to you all.

No comments: