RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Friday 11 January 2008

Oh dear......

I really, really didn't want to start off with 2 downbeat posts, but it looks like I have to. Another nightmare evening last night, 9 played, only 4 cashes and still no win. I run so cold at the moment it's untrue. I've made a promise to myself that I'm not putting excessive hand histories or smilies on the blog, so will just bore you to tears by writing them down instead. Ok, buckled up, ready to go?

1st STT, ran JJ headlong into KK on a ten high board (admittedly, kinda my own fault for being over-aggrssive).
2nd, button pot raised my bb when 5 handed, I hold AK so push to make it look like an 'I'm not going to be pushed around' move, knowing that if button calls I'm very probably in very good shape. Button does call with AQ (pot is now half the chips in play and I have oppo covered), spikes a Queen on the flop, great. This leaves me short but I battle on, using my shortstack as a weapon to steal a few blinds, when I do get a call I've got a half decent hand (AQ) but it's no match for 55 who flops another.
3rd STT, I call a min raise from utg when 4 handed with KT in bb, flop comes KT5. Min raise 4 handed smacks of monster to me, so unless oppo has KK or 1010 (I don't think he has 1010 due to the min raise, would've expected a 3 or 4 bb raise at this late stage), I'm in great shape to snaffle his whole stack. We get it all in by the turn, of course oppo has min raised on the bubble with 55, how silly of me. Sigh.
4th STT, blinds are 50/100, I have KK on the button. 2 limpers plus the blinds still to act so I make it 1200 of my 2150, happy to take the pot there and then. Blinds and original limper fold, 2nd limper takes nearly the whole timebank to make the call, leaving himself 1020 chips. Flop is 3 low diamonds, I am running so cold at the mo I just know I'm already drawing incredibly thin (I have no diamonds) yet still fire following oppo's check. The dirty fkwit then slowrolls me with his QdJd. I hate slowrollers. I'd like to slowly roll over them all. In a tank. Anyway, back to the action (or inherent lack of).
5th STT, got 3rd (PHEW!! This was the last of my pitiful bankroll, so a bust out would've seen a very early end to the challenge), nothing untoward happened, I just overplayed tptk vs set when 3 handed.
6th STT, I managed to scrape 2nd, but only after the shortstack bashed them in from the button 3 handed with KdTd when I've got AA in the bb, woo hoo!!! Flop 2 diamonds, you know the rest...... This left me the shortstack, but somehow I managed to claw back a few and ended up HU vs an Italian that simply refused to fold. I found it very, very difficult to play HU against him, I was genuinely scared to bet because I never, ever knew where I was. By the time the blinds had got to 300/600 and the stacks at 2500/11000 I simply gave up and stuck them in atc, straight into AJ!!.
7th STT, I went out in 6th, can't remember how so couldn't have been anything too stupid, probably me donking off my stack then being forced into pushing earlier than I would have preferred (sounds familiar, so prob what happened)
8th and 9th. I got 3rd in both, the 8th being rivered for 3/4 chips in play AJ vs KQ, however in the 9th I won a 50/50 on the bubble, and won it in style!! Open jammed AJ for about 6bb's (was shorty on table), bb calls with 55, flop came KQ10!! I felt so alive!!! Managed to scrape into 3rd, eventually going out to a flip, something like Q8 vs 22.

So, another $20 odd down, so far for the month (3 sessions) -$45. Not a huge loss normally, just a general swing but as my starting roll was just $74, I'm in a whole world of trouble regarding the challenge, and completing, nay getting through the first month, without depositing. I don't have much to do tomorrow (today really, Friday), so I'm going to spend the entire day hammering the $2.75 super turbos, playing the odds rather than 'proper' poker, like I did in October. It's something I really, really, really don't want to do, but needs must and all that. Super turbo super bingo mayhem!!
On a positive note (personal life intrusion, but I have to get a positive from somewhere!!) I play pool for a local pub team, we won 7-2 tonight, and had a great evening with the opposing team, a cracking bunch of lads.
Right, time to sign off. The thermostat will sort itself out, I will run close to mild again, and my next post will be one of joy and happiness!! Either that, or I will have busted my account playing super turbo, and it all happens so fast and so furious that I won't have time to write down all the silly beats, so nobody will have to endure it ever again!! Yippeee I hear you all say!!!
I am so annoyed that I've started the blog on a negative note, I promised positive mental attitude from the start, and I have failed miserably. I absolutely promise that my next post will be an upbeat, happy one, I will make sure of that!!
Good luck at the tables, but please save some for me....

No comments: