RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Sunday 13 January 2008

Who am I trying to kid?

Stick to one post a week? No hand histories? Yeah right!! Played bundle of super turbo tonight, all in or fold style. Up a few dollars plus a couple in rakeback, ROI for the evening of 41%, super duper!!
Four hands stood out this evening, 3 of which had me chuckling to myself for different reasons.....

toneman posts small blind [100]
$10 to $10k posts big blind [200]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to $10 to $10k [ 9h, Tc ]
toneman calls [100]
$10 to $10k checks
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8s, 8c, Qs ]
$10 to $10k checks
toneman bets [200]
$10 to $10k calls [200] Fairly certain oppo isn't strong here, he's been min betting the flop a lot, taking down the previous 2 pots uncontested. I plan to take it off him on the turn even if I miss the Jack, if he is strong then so be it.
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ] BINGO!!
$10 to $10k checks
toneman bets [450]
$10 to $10k raises to [1,200]
toneman goes all-in
toneman raises to [3,570]
This has confused me immensely, I'm calling with any two cards here, I'm hardly going to fold and leave 2 bbs am I?
$10 to $10k calls [380]
$10 to $10k goes all-in
Returning uncalled bet [1,990] to toneman
** Showdown **
$10 to $10k shows [ 9h, Tc ]
toneman shows [ Td, Ac ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ] NIIIIIIICE!!!!!!
** Hand Conclusion **
toneman wins 4,010 from main pot with a straight, Ace to Ten


Seat 1: $10 to $10k ( 828 )
Seat 2: GAF1 ( 3,243.50 )
Seat 5: imacake ( 1,928.50 )
Tourney Level:9 Blinds(300/600-50 ante)
$10 to $10k posts ante [50]
GAF1 posts ante [50]
imacake posts ante [50]
GAF1 posts small blind [300]
imacake posts big blind [600]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to $10 to $10k [ Kc, 8s ]
$10 to $10k goes all-in
$10 to $10k raises to [778]
GAF1 folds
imacake folds Comedy Gold!!!!!! (Still bubbled when I ran 76 soooooted into the monster that is J2o, but this hand more than made up for it!)
Returning uncalled bet [178] to $10 to $10k
** Hand Conclusion **
$10 to $10k wins 1,650 from main pot



Tourney Level:5 Blinds(75/150-(no ante))
TEDNET posts small blind [75]
guttuhaugen posts big blind [150]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to $10 to $10k [ 6d, Kd ] (I know, hangs head in shame...)
$10 to $10k goes all-in
$10 to $10k raises to [925]

imacake folds
Ice Scooby folds
homer666 calls [235]
homer666 goes all-in
TEDNET folds
guttuhaugen folds
Returning uncalled bet [690] to $10 to $10k
** Showdown **
homer666 shows [ Jd, Ah ] WHOOPS!!
$10 to $10k shows [ 6d, Kd ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 6s, 9h ] WOO HOO!! No Ace, no Jack, no Ace, no Jack, no Ace, no Jack etc etc etc.....
** Dealing Turn ** [ Tc ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8d ]
Once again, NNNNIIIIIIIIICCCCEE!!!!!!!!!!
** Hand Conclusion **
homer666 wins 695 from main pot with a straight, Queen to Eight


Seat 2: Generally ( 2,570 )
Seat 3: imacake ( 945 )
Seat 4: $10 to $10k ( 2,485 )

Tourney Level:8 Blinds(200/400-25 ante)
Generally posts ante [25]
imacake posts ante [25]
$10 to $10k posts ante [25]
Generally posts small blind [200]
imacake posts big blind [400]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to $10 to $10k [ 6s, Ad ]
$10 to $10k goes all-in
$10 to $10k raises to [2,460]
To isolate the shortstack, I'm happy to take a pop at the shorty on the bubble and I would be very unlucky to run into a stronger ace or PP, because Generally surely can't call with anything less than 10s+ or at the very least AJ+....
Generally calls [2,260] This could be a problem......
imacake folds
** Showdown **
Generally shows [ Qh, Ac ] NOOOO!!!!
$10 to $10k shows [ 6s, Ad ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, 8s, 6d ] WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ah ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
** Hand Conclusion **
$10 to $10k wins 5,395 from main pot with two pair, Aces and Sixes

I'm so glad I play with chat off, I imagine I'd have got a torrent of abuse for that one!! I went on to win, with Generally bubbling, I genuinely felt sorry for him as I know exactly how it feels. I thought it best to end the evening on a high note, so logged off after one of the harshest beats I've dished out for a long time (given the situation). I shall be willing to bet that Generally was fuming, even if it was only a $5 bubble.

Early night for me tonight, got a £25 live freezeout to attend tomorrow evening so going to aim for more than 6 hours sleep for a change!!

Be lucky!!

5 comments:

Wildcat said...

Doubt you would have got any abuse for that, even if you are an ace rag donkey :P

So, we are about to see you in the dyms are we? Well let me know when you do, I may be able to point out some of the "quality" players. Or not, as the case may be....

Going on my current run, maybe I should stick to them myself!

Wildcat said...

Oh, and gl in the 25 fo, get a decent result in that, and it could count towards the total ;)

Anonymous said...

Cheers Chalf, much appreciated. Been a while since I've final tabled up there so hopefully I'm due one :D

Ace rag is apparently the nuts on Betfair, were you not aware of this :p ??

As for the DYM's, the super turbo odds playing has (touch wood) started well, and I can feel myself being drawn into the leaderboard hunt already.... However I may chuck a score on the Hills account and keep it seperate, to see how I fare in some cheap DYMs before I pull all the dollars out of BF. I must say I'm intrigued by them, and was up for a far bit longer than anticipated last night just lying in bed trying to figure out an 'action plan' for my style of play (whether to play 6 or 10 handed). I think 10 is the way forward for me, I will have to 'beat' 5 others instead of 3 but it should give me a little more time to play rock at the beginning, a style I am much more comfortable playing 10 handed rather than 6. Do the blinds go up every 10 hands or is it done on time now? I imagine I'll be on MSN when I get home tonight, if not then definitely tomorrow night so I'll have a chat with you about it then. All hints and tips gratefully received!!
Cheers,
SG

SG - King of the forum ban said...

Lol, anonymous on my own blog. I have no idea how I've done that. I really must figure out how to use a pc properly.....

Simon Young said...

Good luck with the WSOP Challange. I'm currently doing similar thing, starting with $3 in PokerStars. Now on $510.
Have added your link - can you do the same?

Cheers

http://suffolkpunchpoker.blogspot.com