RakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakebackRakeTheRake, the rakeback professionals, offering up to 60% rakeback
(Don't forget to clear your cookies before clicking either link - Tools, Internet Options, Clear Cookies)
If signing up for an account with RakeTheRake as a result of this blog, please state 'referred by 'RTR17009' in the extra info box and email me at bitterandtwistedindividual@fsmail.net with the last 3 digits of your RTR account number. That way you'll earn me a referral bonus on top of your rakeback and help me to finish my challenge just that little bit quicker, and I'll be able to identify you for percentages in my WSOP seat at 75% of cost price when the time comes (see 'Sharing the challenge love', Jan 2008)......
Many thanks!!

*Note added 5/1/08 - Should I complete the challenge and, lo and behold, cash in the Main Event, 10% of my profit goes to Macmillan Cancer Support via http://www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk/

Monday 7 January 2008

Sharing the challenge love.....

Righty then, onto what to do when the $10k target is achieved. "Buy a WSOP seat, surely" I hear you say? Not quite that simple, unfortunately!! I fully intend to contact some of the poker sites that I use (obviously, the first to be contacted will be Betfair, as I base most of my play there) and ask if I can buy a WSOP package direct from them, rather than go through the rigmarole of sorting out a seat, flights, accomodation etc etc all by myself, as I'm absolutely terrible at that kind of thing!! I'm confident that in return for a bit of advertising, someone will be willing to help me out, fingers crossed!! To pay for some of the 'extras' (nudge nudge, wink wink) while out in Vegas, I've decided that I'm going to sell anything up to 60% of my seat in 1% increments, at $100 each. On top of giving me a bit of spending money, this will certainly make me play the Main Event in a much better fashion, knowing that I've got backers that I simply cannot let down with poor play and a poor result. I certainly shan't be 'getting bored' in a builder86 fashion and throwing my stack away with any two cards, that's for sure!! As a thank you to the people that encourage and help me along the way, I've come up with a crazy blog discount scheme, as follows :-

  • Random blog readers/Betfair forumites/Raise The River forumites - $90 for 1% (as long as buy in is still $10k when I buy in, lol)
  • Fellow bloggers that link this blog ('$10 to $10k Challenge' please, cheers) to their own and let me know about it so I can do the same, before the bankroll reaches $6k (to stop people jumping on the bandwagon as we near completion) - $75 for 1%
  • Anyone who sets up an RTR **Edit 22/1/08 or William Hill** account through the banners on the blog (again, before $6k) and is still active when the challenge is completed - $75 for 1%
  • I also have a list 'e-chums' that have helped me out in the past (Pandybear, Proviman, Chalfontfan, Highstack, Chilindude, UkGatsby to name but a few) who will recieve a free 1% by way of a thank you, any further %'s will then also be at $75 apiece


I'm also pledging 10% of any of my profit from the WSOP seat to Macmillan Cancer Support, for instance if I sell 50%, buy in for $5k and cash for $15k ($30k in reality, but 50% goes straight to those that have bought percentages), Macmillan will receive $1000 (10% of the $10k profit). If I somehow final table and cash for $1 million ($2m), Macmillan get close to $100,000, so on and so forth (hopefully!!). My close family have been directly affected by cancer on more than one occasion, and the Macmillan nurses were absolutely fantastic during these turbulent times. I'd like to give a little something back to them if I manage to live the ultimate dream of cashing in the WSOP that this challenge pays for.

Hopefully this covers everything, again if there is anything I've missed I'll edit with a (*Note **/**/**). Now that the blog is up and running, the challenge can commence and I can actually play a bit of poker!!. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Andy Cairns said...

now that is novel, good luck with the challenge

SG - King of the forum ban said...

Cheers Andy, I think I may need it!!!